Our first challenge can be found here: Go to the Karaoke Challenge Page
Second Challenge: Go to the Polar Bear Plunge Challenge
Stay tuned…another challenge, to served up ice cold, is on the way!
*** *** *** *** *** ***
Alright folks…we’d like to have a little fun with the donation process. We invite you — yes, you, the people out there — to be imaginative and contribute to the journey by challenging us to tackle certain undertakings. Make your pledge by contacting email@example.com and lay down your marker. If the crew accepts we will let you know in an email reply which will contain a link for making your challenge donation(s). We will then post it on this page as an accepted (unfunded) challenge. After we receive the donation(s): we will fulfill the challenge, post images/video, give you credit for the fundraising, and (presumably) acknowledge your creativity. Some ground rules:
- Chances are we are not going accept a challenge that places us in either mortal or legal peril.
- Yes, you may call out specific folks (especially if it is Maddog or Maria).
- Yes, you can expect that something massively embarrassing (or just plain difficult) merits a commensurate contribution.
- Yes, you can aggregate contributions.
- Yes, we reserve the right to come up with new rules in order keep from freezing to death, being detained at the border, being eaten by a polar bear, etc…
Oh yeah…the headshaving bit… SBF is pretty (in?)famous for having introduced the idea of structuring fundraisers around mass headshavings. For most folks, it is a hugely symbolic act to shave your head. Sure, for others it’s a matter of conceding to follicular futility, but going bald is a (modest?) way to share the experience with a child who has alopecia from undergoing chemotherapy. You can help and support a patient with love and kindness and caring, but ironically, this is one of the few things you can physically share. We will.
Our plan is to have a member of the crew shave their head for every $10,000 in donations we collect. With luck, we all will have shorn by the end of the Journey. We will post images/video each time.
And no, it’s not exactly optimal to have more extreme haircuts the closer we get to the North Pole, but that’s just how we’ll roll…
‘Challenge Accepted’ — Juju locking up Helena in Braunfels, Germany